Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Je suis en Paris! C'est vraiment incroyable. The flight wasn't bad at all. I actually got to watch The Artist on the plane-it was pretty great. Navigating Charles de Gaulle was challenging; that was my first reminder that I was really on my own, in another country, relying solely on myself. I eventually figured out what train I needed to board to get to the part of the city where my hostel was. It's an apartment building with a SWEET view (Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, and plenty of other landmarks are staring right at me.) I was originally planted in a room with five other travelers: an Australian, three Canadians, and a Scot. They're great people; we spent hours just getting to know each other, listening to each other's music, and talking about international differences. Then I got moved to another room, a few stories up.

The move had its trade-offs. I don't know these people very well yet; they're all a bit older, maybe 25 or so. The aforementioned view is part of this room though. Major setback: one guy snores...pretty loudly. Everybody knows how I feel about snoring. It'll be fine, though. I am not going to have such a petty complaint when I'm staying in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

This is really happening! This experience is REAL!

Today, I might go to the Parisian Catacombs with some of my hostel mates. Tomorrow, maybe go to Normandy to visit the guy who pretty much got me here to begin with. If that doesn't work out, then I'm just going to spend the day at the Louvre.

I'll try to update this as much as I can. There's just so much to say, but the time to write it takes away from the time to get more stories, haha. But for now I'll close my first post and go spend some time in the City of Lights.


No comments:

Post a Comment